– 1 bag of dry lentils
– 1 big onion
– 4/5 cloves of garlic
– Herbs de Provence (thyme, laurel, lavender, marjoram) + fresh parsley
– 1 big carrot
– 2/3 celery branches
– 1 big tomato
– Miso paste, pepper to taste
– Olive oil
– Chicken or vegetable broth quart
– Turmeric and cilantro –to add at the end if you like the taste. Not necessary
- In pressure cooker, sauté the onion, carrot, celery and garlic with a little olive oil.
- Mix about a tablespoon of miso with some chicken broth
- Add the lentils to the onion mix + Tomato + full 1.5 liter of chicken broth + miso/chicken broth mixture
- Add the herbs the Provence to taste
- Make sure that the lentils are well covered with liquid as otherwise they could burn during process.
- Cover pressure cooker and let cook at low temperature until you can hear the pressure. Then turn off heat and let the pot sit of about an hour.
- Soup is ready to eat. You could add a little of turmeric and cilantro in your plate.